Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Habla Espanol Un Poco

Potluck #49: La Amore di Lingue - Love of Languages
My title must give a good indication of how rusty and offensive my Spanish is. Two years of high school spanish has been erased from my memory. Livemocha appears to be a very compatible sight for me in terms of learning technique and visual attractiveness. It's nice to be able to go at my own pace. I like how they begin the first unit with nouns. (Mangolanguages begins with phrases, which I find confusing. I like to learn the parts and then assemble them into phrases.) They also tell you the length of time and give opportunities to review, write and speak through each lesson. The human connection might also be a good homework help for any high school students having trouble. ESL classes being somewhat limited in this area, this site could be of use to any library patrons seeking to learn English but perhaps unable to find a class or intimated by a classroom.

No comments: